Saturday, May 8, 2010

The unexamined life is not worth living

Posted by Pratiba Bhat at Saturday, May 08, 2010

We all want and wish for something at every step while leading a life. Be it at work, at home or in a social circle, we all want to be loved and liked by all. I learnt, from a very close friend of mine, that each person in this world has three phases in his/her life which go in parallel.


>> Personal life (family)
>> Professional life (work)
>> Social life (friends)

Everybody wishes to have a successful life and a life which is full of happiness and satisfaction. Satisfaction comes only when you have achieved something that you longed for. This gets us happiness. A simple logic, but it is true.

Year 2009-2010 for me has been a year of ups and downs. It was in this year itself that I met a few very good friends, who inspired me and showed me the right way of carrying out any task.
I realized that I do have a lot of potential within me including my writing ability. I never knew that being a 22 year old girl I could realize so many things at once, learn them and apply them whenever I remembered them. Somewhere I have been very lucky that I found those real good friends.
There are some things that I have to improve on, which are really small to look at, but very important from the perspective of leading a healthy and practical life.

I just wanted to write it down somewhere so that I don’t forget it. I then remembered that I have a blog which I can open and read at any time and also everybody can have a look at it.

These are a few of those things I have to improve on:

• Get more organized at work.
• Sleep for only 6 hours/day.
• Learn one new thing everyday.
• Spend more time on painting and cooking. (Two hobbies that are my favorites)
• Stay away from objects that tend to frustrate me.
• Stop being lazy. (In terms of keeping my room and home clean)
• Stop procrastination.
• Stop getting disturbed over small issues.
• Keep a smile on my face always.
• I’ve gained control over my anger, but still internally “at times” I do get annoyed. Need to control this too :)
• Stop worrying about what others are thinking about me.
• Finish reading a good book, preferably a self help book every month.
• Stop complaining about anything. (It actually worsens things)
• Interact more with friends.
• Interact more with my parents.
• Stop gossiping (This is inbuilt in all girls. And I have to stop this.)
• Stop over analyzing things.
• Stop getting disturbed when somebody is throwing tantrums on me.
• Spend some more time with my parents.

The list doesn’t end here. I remember only these things for now (Thankfully you will not have to read more ;)) I will update this particular blog whenever I want to add something. Improvement starts from within, only then I can do something good to others. I can take the initiative of helping somebody improve only if I am improving from within. There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.
This is what I wanted to share today :)

Image Credits

4 comments:

Ayaan Arora said...

Nice :-) i liked the anger thing and gossiping. Gosh!! not only girls.. we guys too waste so much time in gossiping. ;-D

Ayaan Arora said...

btw liked ur previuos post too ;-)

murari said...

I guess gossiping can't be controlled by girls :)

Manju Bhat said...

hi, i like the article.. I too set so many goals, send every morning some GM quotes to friends but hardly execute.
Have to be more sincere in completing it.. nice writing..

Post a Comment

Speak your heart out......

 

Pratiba Bhat Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review